Surf SP-341

 

Surf

(SP-341: t. 252; 1. 129'6"; b. 22'6~; dr. 12'; s. 9.5 k.;
cpl. 26; a. 1 3-pdr.)

Surf—a steamer built in 1911 by the Fore River Shipbuilding Co., Quincy, Mass.—was operated by the Bay State Fishing Co., Boston, Mass., until she was leased by the Navy on 21 April 1917. Designated SP-341, she was commissioned on 8 May 1917 and assigned to the 1st Naval District. She served as a minesweeper until 2 April 1919 when she was returned to her Owner and struck from the Navy list.