(SP-336: t. 226; 1. 105'10; b. 25'1; dr. 10'
(aft); s. 12 mph.; a. 2 1-pars.)
Spartan (SP-336), a tug built in 1912 by Skinner Shipbuilding & Dry Dock Co. at Baltimore, Md., was acquired by the Navy from H. & N.Y. Transportation Co., New York, during the late summer of 1917 and commissioned on 22 September 1917. For two years, Spartan served in the 3d Naval District as a minesweeper.
On 20 September 1919, she was returned to her owner, and her name was subsequently struck from the Navy list.