Sparrow II SP-3231

 

Sparrow II

(SP-3231: t. 17.83; 1. 51'0"; b. 14'0"; dr. 2'6"; s. 7.9 k.)

Sparrow II, a wooden-hulled motor boat built in 1915 by Charles Rhode & Sons, Co., at Baltimore, Md., was acquired from the Sparrows Point Steel Co. in Baltimore by the Navy in mid-September 1918 and commissioned on, 25 September 1918. Sparrow II was assigned to the Commandant, 5th Naval District, at Norfolk, Va., and patrolled the Maryland Virginia coastline. On 30 June 1919, she was sold to J. G. Samp of Baltimore, Md.