Sovereign II SP-170

 

Sovereign II
(SP-170: t. 173; 1. 166'; b. 16'3"; dr. 4'6" (aft);
dph. 9'4"; s. 29 mph.; a. 2 3")

The second Sovereign (SP-170)—a steam yacht built in 1911 by Charles L. Seabury & Co., Morris Heights, N.Y.—was acquired by the Navy on 14 June 1918 from the estate of M. C. D. Borden. Commanded by Lt. C. F. Wure, she served the 3d Naval District as a patrol craft for 10 months. On 23 April 1919, her name was struck from the Navy list; and, soon thereafter, she was returned to her owner.