Siwash SP-12

 

Siwash

(SP-12: t. 56, 1. 78', b. 14'9"; dr. 4'1"; s. 13 k.; cpl.
15; a. 1 1-pdr., 1 mg.)

Siwash (SP-12), a motor boat built in 1916 by the Gas Engine and Power Co., Morris Heights, N.Y., was acquired by the Navy on 18 June 1917 from C. A. Schieren of New York, and commissioned on 18 August 1917. She patrolled in the 3d Naval District until decommissioned on 10 May 1919. Siwash was transferred to the Department of Commerce on 16 June 1919.