Shiel PG-110

 

Shiel

(PG-110: dp. 1,870; 1. 302'; b. 37'; dr. 12', s. 20 k.
(tl.); a. 3 3"; cl. River)

Shiel (PG-110) was built for the United States in 1943 from British plans by Canadian Vickers, Ltd., of Ottawa, Canada. On 29 September 1943, she was turned over to the United Kingdom at Montreal under the Lend Lease Agreement. She was commissioned HMS Shiel and as such served the Royal Navy in the Atlantic.

Shiel was returned to the United States Navy at Boston, Mass., on 2 March 1946. She was inspected at Boston and found to be beyond economical repair. Accordingly her name was struck from the Navy list on 8 May 1946 and she was subsequently sold to private interests.