Sachem III SP-192

 

Sachem III
(SP-192: t. 317, 1. 186'3"; dr. 8'; s. 12 k., cpl. 49;
a. 1 6-pdr., 2 3-pdrs., 2 mg.)

The third Sachem (SP-192), formerly the steelhulled, steam yacht Celt, was built by Pusey and Jones Wilmington, Del.; launched on 12 April 1902 sponsored by Miss Elizabeth Hunter Pusey; acquired by the Navy from M. B. Metcalf of New York on 3 July 1917; and placed in service on 19 August 1917. She operated as a harbor patrol craft in the 3d Naval District until she was returned to her owner on 10 February 1919.