(ScTug: t. 57; dr. 8'; a. 7.6 k.)
Unit-steamer Union built at Philadelphia, Pa., in 1862—was purchased at Boston, Mass., on 2 June 1864. Unit was assigned to the North Atlantic Blockading Squadron and served as a tug and repair vessel in Hampton Roads, Va., for the duration of the Civil War. In June 1865, the tug was sent to New York City.
Unit was sold at auction there on 12 July 1865 to C. and E. T. Peters. Redocumented as a merchant steamer on 6 September 1866, Unit remained in mercantile service until 1902.