(Harbor Tug No. 4: dp. 355; l. 110'; b. 25'; dr. 9'11" (mean); s. 12 k.; a. none)
The second Unadilla (Harbor Tug No. 4) was laid down on 29 April 1895 at Vallejo, Calif., by the Mare Island Navy Yard; and launched on 21 September 1895. Assigned to the Mare Island Navy Yard, Unadilla operated there through two world wars, performing local tug and tow services and providing waterfront fire protection. During this four-decade tour, the tug was given the hull number classification YT-4 on 17 July 1920 and reclassified YTM-4 on 15 May 1944 Declared surplus to the needs of the United States in September 1945 and slated for disposal, Unadilla was subsequently struck from the Navy list and delivered to the War Shipping Administration in May 1947.