(YT-120: dp. 270; 1. 94'0; b. 24'0"; dr. 8'8)
The first Stallion (YT-120), built in 1920 at Eastport, Md., by the Chance Marine Construction Co., was taken over from the United States Shipping Board on 22 September 1931 and commissioned at Norfolk, Va., on 2 November 1931. She was assigned to the Naval Torpedo Station located at Alexandria, Va. Stallion served the 5th Naval District until decommissioned on 10 January 1944. On 15 May 1944, Stallion was redesignated YTM-120.
On 10 March 1945, her name was struck from the Navy list. Her hulk was sold by the War Shipping Administration in August 1945.