(YTB-416: dp. 345 (f.), 1. 100'0"; b. 25'0"; dr. 9'7"
s. 12 k. (tl); cl. Sassaba)
Sonnicant (YTB-416), a large harbor tug, was laid down on 20 April 1944 at the Coast Guard Yard Curtis Bay, Md., and placed in service there on 2 February 1945.
In March, she reported for duty in the Pacific at Balboa in the Canal Zone. Although initially assigned to the Service Force, Pacific Fleet, Sonnicant was reassigned to the 14th Naval District on Independence Day 1945. She was stationed at Pearl Harbor until 4 April 1946 when she was transferred to the 19th Fleet for inactivation overhaul. The tug was placed out of service on 14 October and was berthed in the Pacific Reserve Fleet at San Diego on 5 November.
Almost five years later, in June of 1951, Sonnicant was placed back in service at San Diego. Assigned to the 11th Naval District, Sonnicant was redesignated a medium harbor tug, YTM-416, in February 1962. She served at Port Hueneme, Calif., until 1972 when she was again placed out of service. Her name was struck from the Navy list on 1 July 1972, and her hulk was sold to the Cummings Boat Co., Tacoma, Wash., for scrapping.