(YT-371: dp. 206, 1. 102'2", b. 24'0", dr. 9'7"; s. 12
k.; cpl. 12; cl. Allaquippa)
Smohalla (YT-371) a harbor tug, was constructed by the Gulfport Boiler L Welding Works, Inc., at Port Arthur, Tex., during the winter of 1943 and 1944launched on 1 April 1944; and placed in service soon thereafter.
After being redesignated a large harbor tug, YTB371, on 16 May 1944, Smohalla departed Port Arthur later that month and, upon arrival at Balboa, C.Z., reported for duty to the Commander-in-Chief, Pacific Ocean Area. In June, she moved from there to Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, where she served the 14th Naval District until 1946. In October of that year, Smohalla joined the Pacific Fleet and was berthed at San Diego, Calif.
Smohalla was placed back in service at San Diego in July 1963. In August, Munsee (ATF-107) towed the harbor tug to her new alignment under the Commander Naval Forces, Far East, at Yokosuka, Japan. During the years between 1963 and 1974, Smohalla has continued to serve in the Far East. In February 1962, she was redesignated a medium harbor tug, YTM-371. As of 1974, Smohalla is still in service in the Far East.