Sebago II ScTug

 

Sebago II
(ScTug: t. 130; 1. 99'; b. 21'; s. 12 k.; a. 1 6-pdr.;
cpl. 22)

The second Sebago, a tug built in 1893 by John EI. Dialogue and Son, Camden, N.J., was purchased for service during the Spanish-American War as Hortense from O'Connor and Smoot on 30 April 1898; renamed

Tacoma; and placed in service in the 7th District of the Auxiliary Naval Force and based at Pensacola, Fla.

Renamed Sebago in January 1900 and designated YT-23 in July 1920, the harbor tug remained in service at various stations including Pensacola, Guantanamo Bay Port Royal, Charleston, Norfolk, and Philadelphia until struck from the Navy list on 3 December 1936. She was sold for scrapping on 25 January 1937 to B. J. Maier, Philadelphia, Pa.