(YFB-38: t. 101; 1. 122'; b. 22'; dr. 6')
Pinellas (ax-Wilmington), a ferry built as a steamer at Philadelphia in 1882, was acquired by the Navy on 28 July 1942 on requisition purchase from the Bee Line Ferry, Inc., St. Petersburg, Fla.; renamed Seabrook and designated YFB-38 on 9 September 1942; and placed in service at Jacksonville, Fla., after conversion for Navy use at the Merrill Stevens Dry Dock and Repair Co.
Seabrook provided ferry services for the Naval Air Operational Training Command at Jacksonville throughout World War II. She was placed out of service on 14 September 1945. Her name was struck from the Navy list on 11 October 1945, and, on 14 March 1946, she was delivered to the War Shipping Administration for resale to her previous owner.