Santa Cecilia Str
(Str.: dp. 13,500; 1. 420'2"; b. 53'9"; dr. 28'5"; s. 13 k.)
Santa Cecilia (ID-4008) was built in 1913 by William Cramp and Sons, Philadelphia, Pa., for the Atlantic and Pacific Steamship Co., was taken over by the Navy at New York on 10 March 1919; and commissioned the same day.
Santa Cecilia was one of four Army ships manned by the Navy in March 1919 after conversion to troop transports by the Army. She sailed from Hoboken, N. J., on 11 April 1919 for Bordeaux, France, and returned to New York on 9 May with homeward-bound troops. She completed her fourth and last round-trip voyage on 7 September 1919, and was transferred to the United States Shipping Board on 6 October 1919. Following mercantile service, Santa Cecilia was broken up in 1935.