(Str: dp. 5,735; 1. 401'; b. 54'; dr. 24'5"; s. 12 k.;
Saccarappa (No. 3828) was built in 1918 by the American International Shipbuilding Corp., Hog Island, Philadelphia, Pa. She was taken over, upon her completion, on 31 December by the United States Shipping Board (USSB) and commissioned for Naval Overseas Transportation Service. After the ship had been manned by Naval personnel, USSB requested that she be returned. She was placed out of commission and returned to USSB on 14 January 1919.