Sturgeon Bay IX-826
(IX-27: t. 826 (net); Ibp. 245'0"; b. 42'0"; dr. 23'11"
(mean); dph. 26'; s. 10 k.)
Sturgeon Bay, a freighter built in 1918 by the Lake & Ocean Navigation Co. at Sturgeon Bay, Wis., was acquired by the Navy from the Shipping Board on 24 September 1921 and assigned to the 9th Naval District. She was transferred to the 3d Naval District in June 1922 and commissioned at Norfolk, Va., on 7 June. Later that month, she was turned over to the New York State Naval Militia, on loan, for use as a floating armory at Buffalo, N.Y.
She served New York until 30 January 1928, when she was taken over by the Commandant, 3d Naval District, for disposal. She was decommissioned and her name was struck from the Navy list on 7 February 1928. On 5 March 1928, her hulk was sold to the Donahue Stratton Co., of Milwaukee, Wis.