South Carolina II

 

South Carolina II

(Galley: 1. 52'6"; b. 15'; dph. 5'8; cpl. 28; a. 1 24
pdr., 5 or 6 3-par. brass how.)

The second South Carolina was built for the Navy by Paul Prichard at Charleston, S.C., in 1799, apparently under the name Protector. Constructed and equipped for the Navy Department, South Carolina operated for the War Department as a coastal patrol vessel under command, in turn, of Capt. Samuel Haywood and Capt. George Nichols. South Carolina was sold at Charleston on 1 February 1802.