Shannon

 

Shannon
(Lighter: t. 350; 1. 89'8"; b. 29'; dr. 16')

The first Shannon (SP-1236)—a covered lighter built in 1908 by R. S. Bushey, Brooklyn, N.Y.—was chartered by the Navy on 30 August 1917 from the Simmons Transportation Company, N.Y., and placed in service in the 3d Naval District. She was returned to her owner on 26 May 1919.