Sea Foam II IX-210
(IX-210: dp. 6,666 (f.); 1. 431'6"; b. 56', s. 10 k.; a.
1 5", 1 3", 8 20mm. mg.)
The second Sea Foam was built as Pennsylvania in 1917 by the Fore River Shipbuilding Corporation, Quincy, Mass., for the United States Shipping Board.
During most of World War II, Pennsylvania operated as a merchant tanker. She was allocated to the Navy while undergoing repairs at Northwestern Iron Works, Portland, Oreg. in February 1945.
commissioned as Sea Foam at Pearl Harbor on 15 May 1945, Lt. Wesley W. Beck in command, the tanker remained there until 23 June while further repairs were being made. On 24 June, Sea Foam, along with YOG-57 and PC-1569, left Pearl Harbor and proceeded to Eniwetok via the Johnston Islands, arriving on 8 July.
From 9 July to 6 September, Sea Foam was engaged in routine duty fueling vessels in the harbor at Eniwetok. She departed Eniwetok on the 7th for Tokyo Bay, anchoring there on the 21st. She fueled vessels in Tokyo Bay until 31 October.
Sea Foam departed Asian waters on 1 November and headed for the Panama Canal. She arrived in Mobile, Ala., on 24 December, where she was decommissioned and redelivered to the War Shipping Administration on 8 February 1946. Struck from the Navy list on 26 February, Sea Foam was delivered to the H. H. Buncher Co. on 9 July 1947 for scrapping.