Brennan DE-13

 


Brennan

(DE-I3: dp. 1140; 1. 289'5"; b. 35'1"; dr. 10'6"; s. 21 k.; cpl. 15ff; a. 3 3"; cl. Evarts )

Brennan (DE-13) was launched 22 August 1942 by Mare Island Navy Yard as HMS Bentinck (BDE13); completed for American use and reclassified DE13, 25 January 1943; commissioned as Brennan 20 January 1943,
Lieutenant Commander H. A. Adams, Jr., in temporary command. Lieutenant Commander M E. Dennett assumed permanent command 21 January 1943 and four days later the ship's designation was officially changed from BDE to DE.

From 1 March 1943 until October 1945 Brennan operated in the Miami Straits and Caribbean as a training ship for prospective officers and nucleus crews of destroyer escorts under construction.

Brennan was decommissioned 9 October 1945 and scrapped 12 July 1946.