Screven AK-210

 


Screven

(AK-210: dp. 7,125, 1. 338'6", b. 50'; dr. 21'1"; s. 11.5 k., cpl. 86; a. 1 3", 6 20mm.; cl. Alamosa;T. Cl-M-AVI)

Screven (AK-210) was laid down under Maritime Commission contract (MC hull 2164) on 11 July 1944 by Leathem D. Smith Shipbuilding Co., Sturgeon Bay, Wis.; launched on 30 November 1944 sponsored by Mrs. Harold Roeth; acquired on 3 July 1945, and commissioned on 2 August 1945.

After shakedown, Screven arrived at Gulfport, Miss. On 31 August 1945 to load cargo. She sailed on 21 September and, after stops at the Canal Zone and Pearl Harbor, arrived at Guam on 16 November. Departing from Guam on 19 December, the ship arrived at San Francisco on 9 January 1946 and proceeded to the east coast. Screven arrived at Baltimore on l 0 April for inactivation, and was decommissioned on 30 April. She was redelivered to the Maritime Commission on 7 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 8 May. The freighter was purchased in 1947, by the Norwegian firm of Benham and Boyesin, Inc., as Norlindo, and became the Peruvian naval transport, 110, in 1959. She was sold to Spanish shipbreakers in 1968.