LST's of the United States Navy
Home
Naval Shopping
About MultiEducator
American History
World History
Election Central
NationbyNation
Primary Source Documents
20th Century Almanac
Aviation History
Navy History
Railroad History
America's Wars
Biographies

Amistadt

Civics

History of Israel
Other Links
About Historycentral
Advertise
Contact US

LST - 210 - 247

 

LST - 210

LST - 210 was laid down on 7 September 1942 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 1 June 1943; sponsored by Miss Ruth Hines; and commissioned on 6 July 1943. During World War II, LST-210 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations: Convoy UGS-36-April 1944 Alba and Pianosa landings-June 1944 Invasion of southern France August and September 1944 Following the war, LST-210 was decommissioned on 8 December 1945 and struck from the Navy list on 3 January 1946. On 12 May 1948, the ship was sold to the Weeks Stevedoring Co., Inc., for non-self-propelled operation. LST-210 earned three battle stars for World War II service.

LST - 211

LST - 211 was laid down on 7 September 1942 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 5 June 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Charles S. Pillsbury; and commissioned on 6 July 1943. During World War II, LST-211 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations: Convoy UGS-37-April 1944 Invasion of southern France-August and September 1944 Following the war, LST-211 was decommissioned on 20 November 1945 and struck from the Navy list on 5 December that same year. On 26 March 1948, the ship was sold to the Ships & Power Equipment Corp., Barber, N.J., for scrapping. LST-211 earned two battle stars for World War II service.

LST - 212

LST - 212 was laid down on 7 December 1942 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 12 June 1943; sponsored by Miss Catherine Trees; and commissioned on 6 July 1943. During World War II, LST-212 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the movement of Convony UGS-37 in April 1944 and the invasion of Normandy in June 1944. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 15 November 1945 and was struck from the Navy list on 28 November 1945. On 24 July 1947, she was sold to Alfredo A. Lavalle, of New York, N.Y., and converted for merchant service. LST-212 earned two battle stars for World War 11 service.

LST - 213

LST - 213 was laid down on 21 December 1942 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 16 June 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Marvin Sack; and commissioned on 7 July 1943. During World War II, LST-213 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the following operations: Marianas operation: (a) Capture and occupation of Saipan-June and July 1944 (b) Tinian capture and occupation-July 1944 Leyte landings-October 1944 LST-213 was redesignated LSTH-213 on 15 September 1945. The ship performed occupation duty in the Far East until late November 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 11 March 1946 and was struck from the Navy list on 5 March 1947. On 26 June 1947, she was transferred as a sale to American Military Government, Korea. LSTH-213 earned three battle stars for World War II service as LST-213.

LST - 214

LST - 214 was laid down on 29 December 1942 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 22 June 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Mabel Glenn; and commissioned on 7 July 1943. The tank landing ship never saw active service with the United States Navy. On 24 July 1943, she was transferred to the United Kingdom and was returned to United States Navy custody on 26 January 1946. She was struck from the Navy list on 12 April 1946. On 3 March 1947, she was sold to N. Block Co., of Norfolk, Va., for scrapping.

LST - 215

LST - 215 was laid down on 8 January 1943 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 26 June 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Frank T. Kegley; and commissioned on 12 July 1943. The tank landing ship never saw active service with the United States Navy. On 19 July 1943, she was transferred to the United Kingdom and was returned to United States Navy custody on 27 July 1946. She was struck from the Navy list on 29 October 1946 and was sold and converted for merchant service on 11 September 1947.

LST - 216

LST - 216 was laid down on 23 January 1943 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 4 July 1943; sponsored by Miss Ruth Curnick; and commissioned on 23 July 1943. The tank landing ship never saw active service with the United States Navy. On 4 August 1943, she was transferred to the United Kingdom and was sunk by an aircraft- launched torpedo off Cherbourg, France, on 7 July 1944. LST-216 was struck from the Navy list on 13 November 1944.

LST - 217

LST - 217 was laid down on 2 February 1943 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 13 July 1943; sponsored by Mrs. C. H. Johnson; and commissioned on 30 July 1943. The tank landing ship never saw active service with the United States Navy. On 5 August 1943, she was transferred to the United Kingdom and was returned to United States Navy custody on 12 February 1946. She was struck from the Navy list on 5 June 1946. On 12 December 1947, she was sold to James A. Hughes, New York, N.Y., for scrapping.

LST - 218

LST - 218 was laid down on 11 February 1943 at Seneca, Ill., by the -Chicago Bridge and Iron Co.; launched on 20 July 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Don Leach; and was placed in reduced commission for ferrying to New Orleans on 5 August 1943. She was placed in full commission on 12 August that same year. During World War II, LST-218 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the following operations: Gilbert Islands operation-November and December 1943 Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro AtollsJanuary and February 1944 Occupation of Eniwetok Atoll-February 1944 Capture and occupation of Saipan-June through August 1944 Capture and occupation of Tinian-July and August 1944 Following the war, LST-218 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-January 1946. She was decommissioned on 19 January 1946 and transferred to the naval Shipping Control Authority for the Japanese Merchant Marine (SCAJAP). The ship was returned to United States Navy custody on 28 January 1950. On 15 November 1950, she was assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet at Bremerton where she was activated and transferred to the Republic of Korea Navy on 3 May 1955. She served that navy as LST-809. LST-218 earned four battle stars for World War II service.

LST - 219

LST - 219 wag laid down on IS February 1943 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 27 July 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Anthony F. Nosek; and was commissioned on 19 August 1943. During World War 11, LST-219 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the capture and occupation of Guam in July 1944 and the Leyte landings in October 1944. Following the war, LST-219 performed occupation duty in the Far East until midDecember 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 29 November 1948 and struck from the Navy list on 22 December 1948. On 25 February 1949, she was sold to Foss Launch & Tug Co., of Tacoma, Wash. LST-219 earned two battle stars for World War II service.

LST - 220

LST - 220 was laid down on 4 March 1943 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 3 August 1943; sponsored by Mrs. A. E. Ellerbee; and commissioned on 26 August 1943. During World War II, LST-220 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the following operations: Green Islands landing-February 1944 Hollandia operation-April 1944 Capture and occupation of Guam-July and August 1944 Leyte landings-October and November 1944 Following the war, LST-220 returned to the United States and was decommissioned in March 1946 and was destroyed and struck from the Navy list on 12 May 1948. LST-220 earned four battle stars for World War II service.

LST - 221

LST - 221 was laid down on 9 March 1943 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 7 August 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Isabelle Chamness; and commissioned on 2 September 1943, Lt. Joseph H. Church, USNR, in command. During World War II, LST-221 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations: Marshall Islands operations: (a) Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro Atolls- January and February 1944 (b) Occupation of Eniwetok Atoll-February and March 1944 Hollandia operation-April 1944 Capture and occupation of Guam-April 1944 Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto-April 1945 Following the war, LST-221 performed occupation duty in the Far East until late January 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 6 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July 1946. On 4 March 1948, she was sold to Port Houston Iron Works, Inc., of Houston, Tex., for nonself-propelled merchant service. LST-221 earned four battle stars for World War II service.

LST - 222

LST - 222 was laid down on 16 March 1943 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 17 August 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Ruth Clydedale; and commissioned on 10 September 1943. During World War II, LST-222 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the following operations: Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro AtollsJanuary and February 1944 Capture and occupation of Saipan-June and July 1944 Tinian capture and occupation-July 1944 Capture and occupation of southern Palau IslandsSeptember and October 1944 - Following the war, LST-222 was redesignated LSTH-222 on 15 September 1945. She performed occupation duty in the Far East until early February 1946 and served with the Military Sea Transportation Service as T-LST-222 from 31 March 1952 to 15 July 1972. On 15 July 1972, the tank landing ship was transferred to the Philippines as a loan, where, as of I January 1979, she remained active as Mindoro Occidental (LT-93). LST-222 earned four battle stars for World War II service.

LST - 223

LST - 223 was laid down on 31 March 1943 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 24 August 1943; sponsored by Mrs. George S. Trees; and commissioned on 17 September 1943, Lt. Thomas S. Moulton, USNR, in command. During World War II, LST-223 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the following operations: Capture and occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro Atolls- January and February 1944 Capture and occupation of Saipan-June 1944 Leyte landings-October and November 1944 Following the war, LST-223 performed occupation duty in the Far East until November 1945. On 15 September 1945, the ship was redesignated LSTH-223. She was transferred to the State Department for disposal on 13 March 1947. LST-223 earned three battle stars for World War II service.

LST - 224

LST - 224 was laid down on 2 April 1943 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 31 August 1943; sponsored by Mrs. George P. Shoemaker; and commissioned on 23 September 1943. During World War II, LST-224 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the following operations: Marshall Islands operation: (a) Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro Atolls- January and February 1944 (b) Occupation of Eniwetok Atoll-February 1944 Capture and occupation of Saipan-June and July 1944 Tinian capture and occupation-July 1944 Capture and occupation of the southern Palau Islands- September and October 1944 Assault and occupation of Iwo Jima-February 1945 LST-224 was decommissioned on 22 March 1946, and struck from the Navy list on 17 April 1946. She was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., of Bethlehem, Pa., on 9 April 1948 for scrapping. LST-224 earned five battle stars for World War 11 service.

LST - 225

LST - 225 was laid down on 14 April 1943 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 4 September 1943; sponsored by Miss Mary Oklesen; and commissioned on 2 October 1943. During World War II, LST-225 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the following operations: Capture and occupation of Saipan-June and July 1944 Tinian capture and occupation-July 1944 Capture and occupation of the southern Palau Islands- September and October 1944 Following the war, LST-225 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-February 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 30 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 August 1946. On 16 December 1947, she was sold to the Learner Co., of Oakland, Calif., for scrapping. LST-225 earned two battle stars for World War 11 service.

LST - 226

LST - 226 was laid down on 16 April 1943 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 14 September 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Matthew Dekreon; and commissioned on 8 October 1943. During World War 11, LST-226 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations: Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro AtollsJanuary and February 1944 Capture and occupation of southern Palau IslandsSeptember and October 1944 Following the war, LST-226 served in China from November 1945 through May 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 8 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June 1946. On 5 November 1947, she was sold to Bosey, Philippines, and converted for merchant service. LST-226 earned two battle stars for World War II service.

LST - 227

LST - 227 was laid down on 10 May 1943 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 21 September 1943; sponsored by Mrs. C. B. Hellerson; and commissioned on 16 October 1943. During World War 11, LST-227 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations: Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro AtollsFebruary 1944 Hollandia operation-April 1944 Capture and occupation of Guam-July 1944 Capture and occupation of southern Palau Islands - September and October 1944 Lingayen Gulf landing-January 1945 Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto-April and May 1945 Following the war, LST-227 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-January 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 22 January 1946. She served with the Shipping Control Authority, Japan, from 23 January 1946 to 6 June 1950. On 27 March 1955, she was transferred to Korea as a loan where she served as Duk Bong (LST-808) into the mid 1970's. LST-227 earned six battle stars for World War 11 service.

LST - 228

LST - 228 was laid down on 20 May 1943 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 25 September 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Arthur B. Horton; and commissioned on 25 October 1943. The tank landing ship saw only brief active service with the United States Navy because, on 19 January 1944, she was grounded in the vicinity of Bahia Angra Island, Azores, and was declared beyond salvage and pronounced a total loss on 21 January 1944. LST-229 was struck from the Navy list on 12 February 1944.

LST - 229

LST - 229 was laid down on 27 May 1943 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 5 October 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Kenneth E. Sandbach; and commissioned on 3 November 1943, Comdr. Harry R. Hayes in command. During World War II, LST-229 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of Normandy in June 1944. Following the war, LST-229 performed occupation duty in the Far East and served in China until mid-December 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 12 February 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 October 1947. On 7 April 1948, she was sold to the Consolidated Shipbuilding Corp., of Morris Heights, N.Y., for scrapping. LST-229 earned one battle star for World War 11 service.

LST - 230

LST - 230 was laid down on 10 June 1943 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 12 October 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Lettie Reeks; and commissioned on 3 November 1943. During World War II, LST-230 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of Normandy in June 1944 and the invasion of southern France in August and September 1944. Following the war, LST-230 performed occupation duty in the Far East in September 1945 and March 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 4 March 1946 and was transferred to the Shipping Control Authority, Japan, on 31 March 1952, where she operated as T-LST-230. T-LST-230 was transferred to the Philippine Navy on 13 September 1976. LST-230 earned two battle stars for World War 11 service.

LST - 231

LST - 231 was redesignated ARL-7 and named Atlas (q.v.),on 3 November 1943. LST-232 through

LST - 236

LST - 232 through LST-236 contracts were cancelled on 16 September 1942.

LST - 237

LST - 237 was laid down on 9 February 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co., launched on 8 June 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Ralph Sollitt; and commissioned on 30 June 1943. The tank landing ship saw no active service with the United States Navy. On 12 July 1943, she was transferred to the United Kingdom and was returned to United States Navy custody on 11 February 1946. LST-237 was struck from the Navy list on 26 February 1946 and was sold to Bosey, Philippines, on 5 November 1947 and converted for merchant service.

LST - 238

LST - 238 was laid down on 5 March 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 13 June 1943; sponsored by Miss Ester Behme; and commissioned on 9 July 1943. The tank landing ship saw no active service with the United States Navy. On 16 June 1943, she was transferred to the United Kingdom and was returned to United States Navy custody on 13 February 1946. LST-238 was struck from the Navy list on 12 March 1946 and was sold to the Ships & Power Equipment Corp., of Barber, N.J., on 12 March 1948 for scrapping.

LST - 239

LST - 239 was laid down on 6 March 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 18 June 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Arthur L. Tomme; and commissioned on 13 July 1943. The tank landing ship saw no active service with the United States Navy. On 19 July 1943, she was transferred to the United Kingdom and was returned to United States Navy custody on 5 February 1946. LST-239 was struck from the Navy list on 5 June 1946; and, on 26 April 1948, she was sold to the Newport News Shipbuilding & Drydock Co., Newport News, Va., for conversion to non-self-propelled merchant operation.

LST - 240

LST - 240 was laid down on 7 March 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 25 June 1943; sponsored by Mrs. S. D. Bechtel; and commissioned on 27 July 1943, Lt. John K. Alges in command. During World War 11, LST-240 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations: Marshall Islands operations: (a) Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro Atolls- January and February 1944 (b) Occupation of Eniwetok Atoll-February and March 1944 Capture and occupation of Saipan--June and July 1944 LST-240 was decommissioned on 3 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 23 June 1947. On 1 June 1948, she was sold to the Sun Shipbuilding & Drydock Co., of Chester, Pa., for scrapping. LST-240 earned two battle stars for World War II service.

LST - 241

LST - 241 was laid down on 8 March 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 29 June 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Donald J. Siegel; and commissioned on 31 July 1943, Lt. James A. Shaw, USNR, in command. During World War II, LST-241 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the following operations: Gilbert Islands operations-November and December 1943 Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro AtollsFebruary 1944 Hollandia operation-April 1944 Capture and occupation of Guam-July 1944 Assault and occupation of Iwo Jima-February 1945 Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto-April 1945 Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-October 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 7 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 5 June 1946. On 29 September 1947, she was sold to the Southern Shipwreeking Co., of New Orleans, La., for scrapping. LST-241 earned six battle stars for World War 11 service.

LST - 242

LST - 242 was laid down on 8 March 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 3 July 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Charles R. Duskey; and commissioned on 5 August 1943, Lt. (jg.) J. W. Winney, USNR, in command. During World War 11, LST-242 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations: Gilbert Islands operation-November and December 1943 Marshall Islands operation: (a) Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro Atolls- January and February 1944 (b) Occupation of Eniwetok Atoll-February 1944 Capture and occupation of Saipan-June 1944 Leyte landings-October 1944 'Following the war, LST-242 was redesignated LSTI-1242 on 15 September 1945. She performed occupation duty in the Far East until early February 1946 when she returned to the United States. On 9 February 1946, she was decommissioned and transferred that same day to the Shipping Control Authority, Japan. She was struck from the Navy list on 31 October 1947. LSTH-242 earned four battle stars for World War II service as LST-242.

LST - 243

LST - 243 was laid down on 26 April 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 9 July 1943; sponsored by Miss Marybeth Malsie; and commissioned on 9 August 1943, Lt. F. H. Blaske, USNR, in command. During World War II, LST-243 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the following operations: Gilbert Islands operation-November and December 1943 Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro AtollsJanuary and February 1944 Capture and occupation of Guam-July 1944 Capture and occupation of southern Palau Islands - September and October 1944 Lingayen Gulf landings-January 1945 Following the war, LST-243 was redesignated LSTH-243 on 15 September 1945. She performed occupation duty in the Far East until early January 1946 when she returned to the United States and, was decommissioned on 9 January 1946. LSTH-243 was struck from the Navy list on 17 July 1947. On 2 April 1948, she was sold to the Consolidated Shipbuilding Corp., of Morris Heights, N.Y., for scrapping. LSTH-243 earned five battle stars for World War II service as LST-243.

LST - 244

LST - 244 was laid down on 1 May 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 14 July 1943; sponsored by Mrs. H. C. Price; and commissioned on 13 August 1943. During World War II, LST-244 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the following operations: Gilbert Islands operation-November and December 1943 Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro AtollsFebruary 1944 Capture and occupation of Guam-July and August 1944 Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto-April 1945 LST-244 was decommissioned on 28 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July 1946. On 11 June 1948, she was sold to the Sun Shipbuilding & Drydock Co., of Chester, Pa., for scrapping. LST-244 earned four battle stars for World War II service.

LST - 245

LST - 245 was laid down on 7 May 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 17 July 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Conrad L. Walker; and commissioned on 22 August 1943, Lt. Matthew J. McCabe, USNR, in command. During World War II, LST-245 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the following operations: Saidor occupation-January and February 1944 Bismarck Archipelago operation: (a) Cape Gloucester, New Britain-February 1944 (b) Admiralty Islands landings-March 1944 Hollandia operation-April and May 1944 Western New Guinea operations: (a) Toem-Wakde-Sarmi area operation-May 1944 (b) Biak Island operation-June 1944 (c) Noemfoor Island operation-July 1944 (d) Cape Sansapor operation-July and August 1944 (e) Morotai landings-September 1944 Leyte landings-October and November 1944 Lingayen Gulf landing-January 1945 Mindanao Island landings-April 1945 Balikpapan operation-June and July 1945 LST-245 was decommissioned on 1. April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 8 May 1946. On 15 April 1948, she was transferred to the Maritime Administration for disposal. LST-245 earned eight battle stars for World War IT service.

LST - 246

LST - 246 was laid down on 12 May 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 22 July 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Joseph Shaw; and commissioned on 23 August 1943. During World War IT, LST-246 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the following operations: Marshall Islands operation: (a) Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro Atolls- January and February 1944 (b) Occupation of Eniwetok Atoll-February 1944 Capture and occupation of Saipan-June and July 1944 Tinian capture and occupation-July 1944 Capture and occupation of southern Palau Islands - September and October 1944 Lingayen Gulf landing-January 1945 Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto-May 1945 Following the war, LST-246 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early February 1946 when she returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 14 February 1946. On 26 June 1947, she was transferred to the United States Army and struck from the Navy list on 12 March 1948. LST-246 earned six battle stars for World War IT service.

LST - 247

LST - 247 was laid down on 17 May 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 30 July 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Wesley W. Allen; and commissioned on 26 August 1943, Lt. E. V. Converse, USNR, in command. During World War IT, LST-247 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the capture and occupation of Guam in July 1944. Following the war, LST-247 was redesignated LSTH-247 on 15 September 1945 and was decommissioned on 27 June 1946. She was struck from the Navy list on 15 August 1946. On 14 October 1947, the tank landing ship was sold to William E. Skinner for scrapping. LSTH-247 earned one battle star for World War IT service as LST-247.

© 1999  MultiEducator, Inc.  All rights reserved Report Problems here.

 

'); ');